A while back, I posted a prayer request for some new meds that I was taking as well as for my upcoming heart shock. The procedure is called a Cardioversion. It is a procedure in which an electrical shock is delivered to the heart to convert an irregular or fast heart rhythm (called an arrhythmia) to a normal heart rhythm. A cardioverter machine (a converted defibrillator) is used to send electrical energy (or a “shock”) to the heart muscle to restore the normal heart rhythm. I hope it’s more than something ‘converted’. It sounds like it comes from the local medical supply scrap yard.Well, the day is near. On Tuesday, November 25th, I will be checking into the hospital to get this done. It only takes about 3 minutes but I will have to be completely out to do it and it has to be done at the hospital. You know how hospitals go… I’ll be there all freakin’ day! My boss offered to hook me up to his car battery to save a lot of money and time. I jokingly asked my doctor if he had ever lost anyone doing a Cardioversion. He said nope… not yet. Thanks, Doc!
Anyway, here’s my prayer request: that the procedure goes as planned and nothing else has to be done and that God takes away any of the anxiety or the worry that my family and I may have.
Thanks,
- fletch
5 comments:
I'll be praying for you, Monica, and the girls!! Happy Turkey Day!
Dear Heavenly Father - I pray you will be close by the side of my son when he goes through this procedure and that you will guide the doctor's every step. I'm believing that my son, Jim, will come through this procedure feeling like a new man. This is in your hands, Lord. Show Jim your favor today, next Tuesday and always. I pray this is the name of Jesus. With love - mom.
Thanks mom! You're awesome!
Thanks, Holly. Happy Thanksgiving to you and Mark and the kids! We miss you guys. -f
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Please let us know how things go. We will miss you so much at Thanksgiving, but are happy that you have family close by to spend it with. All our Love, Sandy, Tony, Mitchell & Brett
Post a Comment